Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Herald Leader

My husband has set up the blog that now makes it so easy to get to.  Today I spoke with the Herald Leader.  At this point I am fighting to get the story in the newspaper.  

Before I had no doubt...even though my mom did.  Now I really don't know what's going to happen.  I feel like if the story not run, then the Kirklands, the police and the state win.  I trusted the guy who was going to do the story ... now he acts like it just won't be done at all.  Even though he assured me before that it would be ... and I in turn assured my mom.  

But I refuse to give up.

Ms. M. Davis, who is also a reporter said something to me today that was so powerful.  She lost her brother last week.  She's also been trying to help me get the story out.  But she said, "I understand where you are.  You are still fighting for our brother, I no longer have to fight for mine."  That's the whole thing in a nut shell.  I have to FIGHT for my little brother.

The newspaper doesn't care, the state doesn't care, the police don't care ... it seems like NOONE cares.  So, at this point I'll be his voice and continue to fight.

Shawna

3 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! I just read the article about your brother in the Herald Leader. I feel for the woman who was robbed as I am sure that she will be haunted by the incident for the rest of her life. But, my heart goes out to you and your family. I can only imagine being accused of something criminal that I did not do. I was very happy to see that Corey completed his GED. I hope that while he is stuck in jail that he will use all the resources available to him to further his education. I usually think it is awful that prisioners get a free education while the rest of us have to struggle. But, in his case, I hope he uses his time wisely and takes advantage of all the resources available to him. Please tell him to keep his head up. Don't let life get him down. He is lucky to have family supporting him. I'm just the average person living my life. But, I felt the need to write. I will say a little prayer for Corey. I hope he will accomplish all his dreams once this nightmare is over.

Brian said...

I just read the article on the Herald Leader. This boy is innocent and needs to be let go. I can't believe that on a day when he was so excited to do something he ended up being wrongly accused of a crime. The way that he was ID'd was wrong. I hope and pray that Corey won't let this situation ruin the rest of his life and that he'll come out and do something awesome with his life.

LafeSpace said...

Thank you for your heartfelt concern! Corey is doing well and staying as positive as possible.